Home : FAQ

Animal Control

Show All Answers

1. Help! I've lost my dog. What should I do?

Contact Dan Bergh as soon as possible. He is the town's Animal Control Officer. Also you may want to look at a website called Lost Dogs of Wisconsin. See the Links section for the link to this website. It lists dogs that have been found and you can list your dog as missing so others will be on the lookout for them.

Forms and Permits

Show All Answers

1. Where can I get a Burning Permit?

Burning permits can be obtained from Rachel Trepanier at Bottoms Up Bar in Pensaukee as well as from Matravers Hardware in Oconto or online from the DNR Website or by phone by calling 1-888-947-2876. See link to WI DNR Burning Permits in the section marked Links.

2. How do I get a New or Replacement Physical Address (Fire Number) Sign?

Contact Joanne Timper, Physical Address Coordinator, at the Oconto County Courthouse at (920) 834-6827. The cost of the sign is $15.00 and it will need to be picked up at the Courthouse and put in place by the owner at their driveway location. The sign can be mailed for an additional mailing fee of $4.05 if the landowner wants the signed mailed to their home. The County has a fee schedule for the sign placement if the landowner does not want to do the work themselves.

Garbage and Recycling Info.

Show All Answers

1. What can be recycled?

Containers for glass, aluminum, plastic, cardboard, gloss paper and waste oil are provided for recycling. Scrap metal is also accepted for recycling. Appliances, televisions, computers, tires, etc. will be accepted for a fee. Clear or see-thru bags must be used for garbage.

2. When is the Recycling Center open?

The Recycling Center is open on Wednesdays, from 5pm to 8pm, and Saturdays from 9am to noon, except during June, July, and August when the Saturday hours are changed to 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.

3. How much does it cost?

Effective Feb. 1, 2012, the charge will be $1.50 per bag when using stickers or $2 per bag when paying on site. Stickers can still be obtained at the town hall or from: Sandy Falk, 2464 Sampson Road, Little Suamico WI 54151.

Other Town Info.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I find the latest information on the dredging of the Pensaukee River?

There is a link to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for the project that you can use to see the status: http://www.lre.usace.army.mil/who/operationsofficehomepage/acrobatsurveys/acrobatsurveysinwisconsin/pensaukee_harbor/

2. How can I find out more information on the history of this and other towns in Wisconsin?

There is a website called www.rootsweb.com/~wioconto/towns.htm that lists some of the history of the towns in Oconto County.